Good deeds, not just good words.
One of the first Formula One teams to be fully carbon neutral, as early as 2011, the Sauber Group of Companies, has been at the forefront of the drive for sustainability for nearly a decade.
The company has implemented numerous initiatives to reduce its environmental impact and foster positive changes within communities. Among the past and current initiatives, the Group has participated in:
- Powering the Hinwil headquarters with renewable energy generated on site;
- Fully offsetting the team’s CO2 emissions, including employee flights, through reforestation and forest protection projects;
- Creating one of the biggest photovoltaic parks in Switzerland, situated above our staff parking generating enough energy to power over 40 households for a year;
- Renewing the company’s vehicle fleet to reduce emissions;
- Certified ISO 14001 since January 2022 and applying its norms to all waste and recycling processes;
- Segregating trackside pit consumables for recycling and food waste for conversion to energy or donation to local charities;
- 48’000 water & soft drink bottles were replaced by refillable stainless bottles and TetraPak cartons;
- Helping raise more than €260,000 for official charities (Save the Children);
- Launching a campaign to raise funds for Save the Children’s activities during the Covid-19 crisis of 2020;
- Promoting diversity within the workforce, with more than 40 nationalities represented among the employees.