Pit Stop Equipment Designer
Pit Stop Equipment Designer
Here at Sauber – a historic Formula 1 Team, we are expanding as part of our return to the front of the grid.
We are currently looking for a talented Mechanical System Designer to take over the design of Pit Stop Equipment and join us on the brink of our transformation into a full works team.
As a Mechanical System Designer specialized in Pit Stop equipment design, you will be expected to:
- Be responsible for the design of pit stop equipment such as front and rear jacks, wheel gun & socket, gantry, traffic lights, pit stop practice test rig parts etc.
- Be responsible for the development of race car systems related to pit stops such as wheel nut, and retention system.
- Actively lead your projects from initial concepts to final technical drawings in close co-operation with the other relevant Design Office groups, Track and Systems Engineering department, the Mechanics etc.
Who are we looking for:
- A conscientious, experienced engineer, with a minimum of 2 years’ working experience in mechanical design, ideally in the field of motorsports.
- Someone with a proven track record in using CAD and PLM tools (preferably CATIA 3DX or V6).
- An individual with excellent technical, organisation and communication skills and the ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- A committed and enthusiastic Team player with a positive attitude and the drive to succeed.
- Someone who thrives under pressure, loves competition and is eager to take on new challenges.
- Someone with good English language skills (oral and written).
What can you expect from us:
- A competitive salary package including bonus scheme and attractive employee discounts on some renown brand’s products and services.
- A great, fast paced environment, working at the cutting edge of technology.
- Being able to work in close contact with production & the race car, and the satisfaction of seeing your work win races at the weekend.
- A high level of personal empowerment, the freedom to manage your own projects and the ability to tap into the full knowledge base of our skilled workforce.
- The opportunity to directly support the race team from our remote operations centre and gain an even greater insight into the on-track action.
- An ideal location, central to Europe, offering one of the highest standards of living in the world and amazing scenery with Skiing, mountain biking, hiking, swimming, paragliding… and so much more within minutes of the factory.
If all the above applies, and working in a dynamic, cross-functional, fast paced environment appeals to you, we look forward to receiving your documents here!
Phone+41 44 939 90 00
AddressSauber Group of Companies
c/o Sauber Motorsport AG
8340 Hinwil, Switzerland
Rolf Matsch, Human Resources