Head of Future Car
Head of Future Car
- As Head of Future Car, you will report directly to the Technical Director and be in charge of a concept group supporting you.
- You will be, together with your group, responsible for scheming the general layout of the future car; from the first sketches up to the final definition of the car’s architecture before handing over to the design office for finalisation and optimisation.
- This task will mean a very close collaboration with all departments in within the Technics (Aerodynamics, Vehicle Performance, Design Office, Systems, etc.) and Track Operation since these will be contributing actively to the car concepts.
- You will work in an extremely dynamic and flexible environment.
Your group and your responsibilities:
- Contribute to the definition of the car systems specifications.
- Coordinate all inputs in order to scheme the vehicle concept and update it until final freeze of concept.
- Definition of Legality reference CAD model and ensure full legality of the future car.
- Future car packaging definition.
- Definition of the weight targets as well as responsible for the car mass model.
- Define tasks to feed conceptual phase of future car.
- Organise, chair and drive all conceptual meetings involving all stakeholders.
- Empower others to try, learn, and grow.
- Ability to manage diverse team consisting of multiple disciplines and spread over multiple backgrounds. Ability to forge strong sense of connection between the team and other departments.
- Strive to continuously improve teamwork and processes to become more and more efficient.
- Engineering degree or similar qualification.
- Extensive experience in F1 (>10 years)
- 5+ years’ experience in positions of design leadership with proven track record
- Proven experience of full-scale F1 car design
- In-depth understanding of the technical regulations in F1
- Knowledge in suspension design, aerodynamics, composite and mechanical design are a pre-requisite
- Structured, organised, logical and transparent approach
- Ability to confidently and concisely communicate at all levels
- Exceptional collaborator with cross-functional teams from each design function, and other stakeholders in the business
- Open-minded, inventive with a flexible approach to work and a strong understanding of teamwork
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD software (CATIA/3DExperience would be an advantage)
- Not afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and Lead from the front.
If the above applies, and working in a dynamic, high tech environment appeals to you, we look forward to receiving your application here!
c/o Sauber Motorsport AG
8340 Hinwil, Switzerland
Rolf Matsch, Human Resources