Electrical Engineer for Wind Tunnel Systems & Measurement Technology (PLC Developer)
For the aerodynamic development of our Formula 1 cars, we have been operating with one of the most modern wind tunnels in the world in Hinwil since 2004. Aerodynamic and system data is generated here on a 24/7 basis. Only by analyzing this data quickly and precisely are we able to make the right decisions for the next development steps.
The processes and techniques we use enable us to carry out the necessary workload in technology development and even set trends.
Electrical Engineer for Wind Tunnel Systems & Measurement Technology (PLC Developer) m/f/d 100%
Would you like to
- Create automation, operating and safety concepts in accordance with industry standards with regard to compliance with plant construction guidelines and personal and functional safety?
- Programming and further development of PLC/HMI controls for the wind tunnel system, with a focus on Simatic S7/TIA Portal in SCL (IEC 61131)?
- Visualization of the various processes using WinCC?
- Configuring, carrying out system tests and commissioning of existing and new system equipment and components?
- Carrying out new and further developments of integrated drive concepts (plant engineering)?
- Independently analyzing faults and rectifying them?
- Creating documentation and supporting/training users?
- Leading sub-projects in interdisciplinary teams?
Do you have
- a degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering or automation or equivalent experience?
- a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (ETH/FH)?
- Several years of professional experience as a PLC developer in mechanical and plant engineering?
- sound knowledge of PLC/PLC programming and further development of control software, with a focus on Siemens Simatic S7 – knowledge of Sinumerik (an advantage)?
- Experience in project management (preparation of schedules, correspondence with suppliers, preparation of status reports and reports, quotation requests/comparisons with evaluation, support for acceptance and quality assessments, operational approvals)?
- Practical knowledge of power electronics, drive technology and sensor technology?
- a strong team player?
- flexible attitude towards working hours?
- a doer who is communicative and solution-oriented for the team?
- independent and focused, even in time-critical situations?
If you would also like to work in a dynamic environment and feel the pulse of Formula 1, then we look forward to receiving your online application here!
c/o Sauber Motorsport AG
8340 Hinwil, Switzerland
Daniela Montavon, Human Resources