Aerodynamicist / Senior Aerodynamicist third-party business (f/m)
Sauber Technologies AG exists within the Sauber Group to offer Formula One technology to external customers using the same capabilities, tools and facilities as our Formula 1 team. To strengthen our team we are looking for a motivated and versatile Aerodynamicist to work within our dedicated Aerodynamics group.
As a member of Sauber Technologies AG Aerodynamic group, you will design, develop and implement Aerodynamic solutions for our customers. Your projects will range across a multitude of applications both motorsport and outside of motorsport, from consultation to full project lead.
Would you like to
- work within our external projects group focusing on customer Aerodynamic projects?
- be involved in all aspects of aerodynamic development including innovative concept definition, testing and analysis of the numerical and experimental simulations using our Formula One CFD system and the most advanced motorsport Wind Tunnel?
- work closely with other aerodynamicists, CFD engineers and model designers on a varied range of aerodynamic projects in both motorsport and other areas ?
- develop strong customer relations and partnerships
- demonstrate the ability to develop innovative thinking, tools, and processes?
- suggest, investigate and, where applicable, implement new methods and processes to improve efficiency of aerodynamic ideas generation, design, testing, analysis, and reporting?
- lead projects through to completion and delivery?
Do you have
- experience as well as a track record of at least 5 years as a (senior) aerodynamicist in Motorsport?
- a strong educational background in aerodynamics, with a degree in engineering that incorporates either aerodynamics or fluid mechanics?
- an interest in aerodynamic development outside of a motorsport environment?
- proficient computer skills including CFD and 3D CAD software (preferably CATIA V5/V6)?
- a strong technical understanding of CFD and wind tunnel test techniques as well as experience of running wind tunnel testing programs?
- excellent problem-solving skills and an analytical approach, with attention to detail?
- the capacity to achieve performance targets within strict deadlines?
- exceptional communication and organisational skills?
- the ability to understand a customer’s needs, suggest direction but also be flexible to their wishes?
- highly self-motivated, dedicated, creative, result-oriented and able to work independently with some flexibility in terms of working hours?
- a team player but with the initiative to make own decisions?
- able to work under pressure with minimal supervision?
- open to learning from others and sharing knowledge with others?
- someone who, regardless of the task set, always has a high work ethic and is committed to a positive image of the department and the entire team?
- a Swiss work permit or an EU nationality and therefore meet the criteria for a work permit in Switzerland?
If you feel you are the right person and would like to work in a dynamic and cross-functional environment, with second to none quality of life in the heart of Europe, we are looking forward to receiving your application here!
Sauber Technologies AG
Regula Plüss, HR Manager