Get to know our Esports drivers: Filip Prešnajder
With the F1 Esports season quickly approaching and Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN F1 Esports ready to join the fray once again, it’s time to get to know the brand-new line-up the team will be fielding in 2021.
First under the lens is 18-year-old Slovak, Filip Prešnajder: Filip joins from Ferrari, where he competed in his debut season after being selected as the first pick out of the 237,000 entries in last season’s F1 Esports Pro Draft.
Having learnt a lot from ex-F1 Esports champion, David Tonizza, his speed and skill will be valuable assets to the team. Ahead of the new season, let’s discover more about this exciting new signing.
Name: Filip Prešnajder
Hobbies: Football (he used to play for his towns team)
1. When did your interest in F1 start?
My interest started when I was around three years old in 2005, just seeing cars go really fast on TV fascinated me.
2. How does it feel to be a part of the Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN F1 Esports team?
It feels great! I’ve always wanted to be involved in the world of Formula 1 ever since I was a kid. Obviously, I wanted to become a racing driver, but my family never really had the budget to start karting properly. But I guess you could say I have found my way somewhat and I really do love it here!
3. What is the most important thing you’ve learnt in racing?
Be patient. You won’t become a champion on day one, they are made by all the hard work over the years.
4. Who has been your biggest competitor so far?
I wouldn’t really say I have had any specific competitor. There are 19 other drivers on the track you need to beat if you want to win, not just one.
5. Which track would you love to see added to the F1 game and why?
Turkey. I just love the flow of the track.
6. What’s your proudest moment in Esports to date?
Winning the F1 Esports 2019 Challengers, I won four races in a row there. Not bad since it was a six-race championship!
7. Who’s your favourite streamer and/or racer?
I don’t really have a favourite streamer, but I definitely have a favourite racer, Fernando Alonso! I’ve been supporting him ever since I started watching F1, so from 2005 onwards.
8. If you weren’t a racer, what would be your dream job?
I would love to be a Goalkeeper in football or doing some IT stuff, either of those two would be fine.
9. What’s the last thing you watched on TV?
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
10. Have you ever had any nicknames in life and, if so, what were they?
Back in my primary school days I had a nickname preši, it was pretty much a shortened version of my surname. Some people I have met in sim racing call me Flap.
11. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
12. If you could share a meal with any four individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
My father, mother and brother obviously because they are my family and they always are the priority for me and for the fourth one, it would probably be my grandfather, mainly because I never got to meet him. I would love to see what he was like!
13. If you could go to one place with Antonio Giovinazzi, where would it be?
A football match between Italy and Slovakia, preferably with the 2010 World Cup outcome!
14. One piece of advice you would offer to up and coming esports drivers?
Don’t give up. It will be really tough sometimes, but that’s when you need to keep your head down and outwork your opponents.
15. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully winning titles with Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN in Esports.
You may have to wait a few weeks to see him in action in the F1 esports season but in the meantime be sure to follow @sauberesports socials and Filip’s Twitch to catch him in action.