Development of wind tunnel special equipment
Facility and special project development
Sauber Aerodynamics consists of a large group of motivated engineers with diverse backgrounds.
In Formula One rules change frequently, demanding lateral thinking to gain competitive advantage. To aid this process we have developed and integrated complex measurement and control systems to our wind tunnel environment, conceived fluidic switching devices – driven by nothing more than changes in air speed – and many more conventional mechanical and fluid based systems.
Contact us to discuss your goal and how Sauber Aerodynamics can help engineer your solution.
Flow field measurements
- Surface flow using flow visualisation liquid
- Off body flow using Particle Imaging Velocimetry (PIV)
- Off body flow using in-house developed multi head probe on a robotic arm to measure flow features including and not limited to; pressure distribution and magnitude, direction, stability with results returned immediately
Sauber Aerodynamics can produce variants of cost effective solid tyres or alternatively work with specialist tyre suppliers to create the very best pneumatic model scale tyres.
- Simulation and measurement of 1:1 and model scale tyre contact patch size and load distribution
- Simulation and measurement of 1:1 and model scale tyre side wall profile
- Scrutinisation and manipulation of tyre manufacture Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models to simulate and produce tyre shapes at any vehicle load or ride condition, ready for Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) simulation
- Dynamic scale tyre load to shape calibration with sidewall profile recording